The line between design and development is getting blurrier, and our approach to web design is becoming more modular. How do we keep track of it all?
Style guides to the rescue!
Using style guides that update as our projects progress, we can visually document our work and ensure that everything stays consistent. They may seem daunting and time-consuming at first, but they don’t have to be.
How do I get started with living style guides? What’s a living style guide anyway, and how do I know if mine is dead? Isn’t that going to slow me down? Why should I bother?
Let’s find out.
More about style guides
- Styleguides.io is basically the bible of style guides.
- Advanced techniques for SC5
- Living SC5 style guides, the next level
- Visual regression testing
- Designing imaginitive style guides
- The code side of colour
- Creating a living style guide
- Beyond the style guide
- Creating style guides
- Zombie style guide!